Sunday, 10 May 2015

WHY YOU SHOULD LOVE RAE SREMMURD

It's been a very busy couple of days, with  exams and projects totally snatching all my time away. However, that period of time is thankfully over. Now, I have some time to do what I love; write, and interact with my readers.
I'm really glad that I can share my new obsession with you.
These guys have stolen my heart and captivated me in more ways than one. They are definitely lookers, but that is not all they have to offer.

First, I'll tell you a little about them. They are an American hip-hop duo, composed of real life brothers: Khalif Brown (Swae Lee) and Aaquil Brown (Slim Jimmy). Their name is derived from their home label, EarDrummers, but spelled backwards and pronounced Rei Srimmurd.
They are from Tupelo, Mississippi. Slim Jimmy is currently twenty one years old while his younger brother Swae is twenty.

Okay! Enough of that. I am now on a mission to make you their fans, if you are not already!
Here is why you should love Rae Sremmurd:

1. They work hard

I like to accord respect anyone who unceasingly goes after their dream, setting ambitious goals and constantly moving towards that direction. These guys have been working since they were literally kids. They began as a group of four in their hometown, going by the name "dem outta st8 boyz". Back then, their music was heavily inspired by Soulja Boy. They worked part time jobs in order to travel, perform and audition.


Their song, YNO off the album Sremmlife talks about their difficult journey, ambition and hard work. Listen to it on this link.
https://youtu.be/v9sYXDjBI5U
Even now that they are signed, they are always working, never slacking off and constantly trying to be better.

 2. Great music

You probably know them from their hit single "No Flex Zone", which went viral. Their next song, No Type was even bigger. Their style of music is quite unique, including high pitched tones that instantly capture attention, making them sound younger than they actually are. The beats from EarDrummers instantly make every single song a fun experience. Coupled with their rapping skills and unquestionable talent, their songs are an all round package of great hiphop.


3. Party music

Rae Sremmurd music mostly falls into the category of party anthems. They make music that hypes up any room instantly. Further still, the words are catchy and often addictive. I'd like to say that, as serious, difficult or stressful life can get, we all need a dose of fun and a laid back, happy go lucky attitude. That, exactly, is what Rae Sremmurd provides in the music industry.



4. Animated

They bring life to any room that they walk into. Their interviews are loud, fun and animated. Swae Lee is the more outspoken of the two, going on and on, telling funny stories and interacting candidly with any interviewer. Sometimes, they get so hyper that getting up and dancing, jumping on top of tables is not out of question!



5. Good looks, anyone?

I have to say, being easy on the eye does make them all the more appealing. Great jaw lines, pretty boy smiles and charm can go a long way! These guys look good and stay trendy.





I've only given five reasons why you should be their next biggest fans, but only because I know that after you listen to their first album, Sremmlife, you can definitely come up with a thousand more! So, go out and get it.
Good music is a cure for the soul, and can brighten up any day.





That's all for today. Feel free to interact with me, comment, e-mail or share! Thank you for reading, loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment